Covered Pivot Arm
- Get full sun protection while letting a breeze in.
- Great functionality for sun control, privacy and view.
- Encourages airflow while looking great.
- Available in a range of control options including:
- Internal & External Operation
- Manual Crank
- Internal & External Winch Operation
- Motorisation options (remote, wind sensor, sun sensor, rain sensor, WiFi, Alexa, Google Assistant & More)
- Ideal for second storey windows and exposed windows of the home.
- Ideal for north-facing openings when the pivot arm is half-way down.
Simple Yet Effective
Get full sun protection while letting a breeze in. A step towards simple while remaining incredibly effective at blocking heat and light, the S2000 (System 2000) Pivot Arm allows the easiest and best installation on to weatherboard and clad homes. This awning uses the ‘S2000’ style headbox (hooding) which provides a great range of standard colours to choose from. Like the S2000 Automatic, this awning has truly stood the test of time – remaining simple, strong and functional.
How does it operate?
Easily the most flexible awning on the market with regards to the operation type. The S2000 Pivot Arm Awning can be operated via the following mechanisms:
- Internal Tape Winch
- Internal Tape with Tape-lock
- Motorised via remote control or internal wall switch (or via your connected smart home via App/Google Home/Alexa/Voice
- Solar Powered Motor Via remote
- External Crank Handle Operation
- External Cord & Tie-off
- External Cord & Winch Box
- Other options for control include; timer, wind sensor, sun sensor, WiFi/3G/4G Controller
The many types of operation available allow this awning to be great on the first, second or even over third-storey windows to raise and lower your awning. Installing a pivot arm awning above a 2 storey dwelling requires site-specific assessment. Contact your nearest Covered dealer today, to get expert advice and recommendations.
Size Does Not Always Matter
Size is important, but when able to get the same results for less money, most people sit up and listen. The S2000 Pivot Arm awning will provide the same level of shading and cooling of its larger and sturdier relatives – like the Heavy Duty Robusta Pivot Arm Awning. With a slightly lower level of resilience against wind and a maximum warrantable width of 4200mm. As a rule, all pivot arm awnings’ can project out and away from the window by half of the ‘drop’ of the awning. For example, take a window that is 1800mm high will have 900mm arms. As a result, when the awning is half-way down, the arms will project away from the window by ~900mm. With arms at 90º to the walls, the S2000 Pivot Arm Awning allows for generous flow of air into open windows and prevents heat build-up between the material and your home. Compare this to a straight drop awning that sits close to the window. A straight drop awning does not allow for the recirculation and cooling of air like a pivot arm. As a result, the S2000 Pivot Arm awning is far more effective than a regular external straight drop awning. In summary, when mounted over a window, pivot arm awnings provide a higher level of heat defence compared to a straight drop awning.
The spring-loaded arms keep the awning under constant tension and help maintain a taught, neat look for your material over its lifetime. They will allow for mild windy conditions but if you are located in a high-wind area, please discuss the suitability of the S2000 over a Robusta Pivot arm awning with your Covered sales assistant.
What’s the Difference Between The S2000 Hood and Traditional Hooding Design?
Traditional Hood Design
- Made from a single roll-formed Colourbond® steel with matching folded steel endplates.
- Only has two fixing locations, at either end.
- Open from the rear so you can see the fabric rolled up on the top tube when looking out of your window.
- Additional fixing methods available only for arms.
S2000 Headbox Design
- Comprises of a two-part Colourbond® Steel design with rust-proof plastic end caps.
- Closed from the rear so you can’t see the fabric rolled up on the top tube when looking out of your window.
- Allows installation at any location, not just at the ends of the hood.
- Additional fixing methods available for headbox and arms.